An early gas leak warning is capable of saving lives and protecting property. DeNova Detect Wireless Alarms have been independently tested by the Gas Technical Institute to ensure their effectiveness in this regard. Perfect for utility companies searching to install monitored gas detectors, DeNova Detect Natural Gas Alarms provide cohesive wireless communication that offers remote monitoring. The result is a natural gas detector that can help significantly lower the risk of gas explosions while minimizing utility company liability.
DeNova Detect's first-class proprietary communication architecture features:
- Alarm is compatible with Itron Gen5. Future products will also align with expanded wireless communication networks such as Senet using LoRaWAN.
- Sub-GHz module provides superior range performance.
- Proven mesh technology ensures reliable communications.
- Multi-layer security and native IPv6 addressing.
- Wireless design and a long-life battery allow for seamless installation anywhere in the home.
- Minimal cost per residence for utility companies due to reduced installation time.
In addition to warning local residents, DeNova Natural Gas Alarms will send a wireless signal to the utility company. They will be alerted to alarm functionality issues or gas levels as low as 10% LEL. Early detection will allow utility companies to monitor the situation while responding accordingly.
DeNova Natural Gas Alarms were featured in a 2018 pilot installation conducted by New York's Consolidated Edison (Con Edison) Utility. 9,000 DeNova Natural Gas Detectors were tested to reveal a 100% rate of alarm detection. This means that every gas detector was capable of identifying the presence of a gas leak in the testing period. The results were so conclusive that it led to Con Edison to committing a long term partnership with DeNova Detect.