Early gas leak warnings can save lives and protect property. DeNova Detect Wireless Alarms are an exceptional solution for utility companies looking to install monitored gas detectors. Our Natural Gas Alarms have been independently tested by the Gas Technical Institute. Our Natural Gas Alarms offer a cohesive wireless communication module that confirms strong and safe remote monitoring for utility companies. Extensive installation of DeNova Detect Natural Gas Alarms helps to significantly lower the risk of gas explosions while diminishing utility company liability.
DeNova Detect's first-class proprietary communication architecture features:
- Compatibility with Itron's Gen5 customers while future products will also align with expanded wireless communication networks that include Senet using LoRaWAN.
- Sub-GHz module provides superior range performance.
- Proven mesh technology ensures reliable communications.
- Multi-layer security and native IPv6 addressing.
- DeNova Detect Natural Gas alarms can be installed anywhere in the home, due to the streamlined, wireless design and long-life battery.
- Reduced installation time at a minimal cost per residence for utility companie.
In the addition to warning local residents, DeNova Natural Gas Alarms send a wireless signal to the utility company notifying them of alarm functionality issues or gas levels as low as 10%LEL. This early warning signal allows the utility company to supervise the situation and respond to events as needed.
A 2018 pilot installation of 9,000 DeNova Detect Natural Gas Alarms by New York's Consolidated Edison (ConEd) Utility showed a 100 percent rate of confirmed alarms. That means gas leaks were proven via testing to be present in all alarm scenarios since installation in the fall of 2018. These results have led ConEd to commit to a long-term partnership with DeNova Detect.