DeNova Natural Gas Alarms offer the fastest and most reliable solution in accurately detecting gas leaks. Our gas sensors are at the heart of what we do at DeNova Detect. They are the key component in all of our gas alarms and detectors. Our gas sensors are built at our Cosmos Sensor Center - one of the largest gas sensor manufacturing facilities in the world. With over 200 workers, the center performs world-class research and assembly on our sensors. Once we developed the world's first residential gas alarm in 1964, we continued to innovate by offering the first battery-powered wireless and non-wireless Natural Gas Alarms.
Where To Install Natural Gas Alarms
Natural Gas Alarms should be installed in all rooms where a gas leak may occur or a gas appliance is located. Examples include kitchens (gas leaks from gas ovens and cook tops), laundry rooms (gas leaks from a gas clothes dryer), and furnace areas (gas leaks from furnace burners or boilers).
It is possible that gas leaks may migrate along pipes. Consideration should be given to installing Natural Gas Alarms in multiple rooms. Homeowners should also consider placing a gas detector in each bedroom where an occupant closes the door while sleeping.
Although it is important to install Natural Gas Alarms in rooms were gas appliances exist, it is recommended that gas detectors be placed as far away from these appliances as possible. It is generally recommended that installation occur more than 10 feet (3 meters) away. The placement recommendations are intended to keep Natural Gas Alarms at a reasonable distance from a gas source. This reduces the “unwanted” alarms that can occur if a gas detector is placed directly next to a gas source.
Avoid placing a Natural Gas Alarms near a cooking appliance or cooktop hood. If no other options are available, install at least 5 feet (1.5 meters) from cooking appliance or cooktop hood. This is recommended because cooking vapors or grease may contaminate the Natural Gas Alarm.
Product should be installed:
- Between 4 to 12 inches (0.1 to 0.3 meters) from the ceiling.
- In an area where it will not be impeded by items hanging from or near the ceiling such as curtains, drapes, ceiling fans.
- At least 5 feet (1.5 meters) from cooking appliance or cooktop hood.
- At least 10 feet (3 meters) from gas appliances.
Product should NOT be installed:
- In the peak of a cathedral ceiling.
- Directly above or near sources of water or humidity such as a sink, cooktop, dishwasher or shower.
- Next to a door or window.
- Next to a ventilation fan.
- Near a room return or HVAC duct.
- In an area where the temperature will drop below 32°F (0°C) or exceed 122°F (50°C).
- In an area that is dusty or dirty.
- In an area where organic solvents exist.
- In a damp or very humid location, such as a bathroom.